Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spring comes to VT. Memorial Day Weekend (part 1)

Having my very first guest over the Memorial Day weekend was a delight! I was able to play tour guide in a place I am just beginning to familiarize myself with. The multi-shaded green landscape was a perfect backdrop to the weekend, painting a most perfect pastoral setting to an adventure over the hills of the North East Kingdom.

The adventures were many and the sites visited varied. I think that I'll cut the blog in half and recount some of the highlights.

After an early morning shift at the cheesehouse, I was off to Burlington airport to pick up Jenine and Ruby. (Jet Blue rocks.) Our first stop after the pickup was City Hall Park in downtown Burlington. That Saturday was the first of the season when the artists and crafters would be coming to the weekly farmer's market to showcase and sell their art. Also, there would be a ton of food and I, big food fan, was ready for some springtime produce. There were some awesome food vendors selling all kinds of delights, from preserves to cheeses to (I think most of you will agree that root beer floats are not produce but we can make an exception)
The square in front of city hall was totally happening. Quite the hippie scene complete with dogs off leash, wild dreaded dudes and lots of grass lounging.

From the market, we wandered around Main and Church Streets in search of brunch. We had all had a long and early start to the day and were ready to chow down on some home cookin'. Big ass lines at brunch are not just a NY thing, as it turns out. We skipped the 35min wait at a recommended joint in town and took a chance at a super cute diner called Henry's. Good call. Henry's was awesome. The food, pipin hot and delicious, the decor gave me plenty of fabulous photo opportunities and the waitresses with their awesome uniforms were fantastic.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my loved seeing my photos picked out for your big posting! Yeah! You were such a wonderful tour guide! I just wanted to stay and stay in ol' green mountain VT forever! XX -R

 
Free counter and web stats